ANXIETY 2nd POSTING

Dear Dr. Bob,

I have sent this question to the Safe Sex and Transmission forum and also to yours. However, I did not receive a reply from either. My exposure was saliva from a colleague (HIV status unknown) got into my eyes when we were having a discussion. My fear is what would be my risk level if there is blood from bleeding gum in the saliva, and the eyes are mucous membrane? Is this something that I should worry a lot or it is just another causal contact? I am really worried. Please Please HELP. Just a YES/NO answer would be GOOD enough. Appreciate your reply.

Also, I am currently under going HIV phobia/anxiety treatment (on medication: Seroxat). Any advise from you to help me get over this fear quickly? I am quick to channel my thoughts to HIV whenever I got a cut, exposure to saliva into eyes, someone touches me from the back etcK Please Please HELP. Thanks.

Hello -

You channel your thoughts to HIV whenever someone touches you from the back? Yep, you need that HIV phobia/anxiety treatment. Yes siree! Should you worry about people spitting in your eye? Nope! No siree!

In addition to Seroxat, I'm hoping you are also receiving some counseling. If not, I think it would be an excellent idea.

Bothersome symptoms
What I did, How I feel, what to do?