Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

ANXIETY 2nd POSTING
Mar 15, 2002

Dear Dr. Bob,

I have sent this question to the Safe Sex and Transmission forum and also to yours. However, I did not receive a reply from either. My exposure was saliva from a colleague (HIV status unknown) got into my eyes when we were having a discussion. My fear is what would be my risk level if there is blood from bleeding gum in the saliva, and the eyes are mucous membrane? Is this something that I should worry a lot or it is just another causal contact? I am really worried. Please Please HELP. Just a YES/NO answer would be GOOD enough. Appreciate your reply.

Also, I am currently under going HIV phobia/anxiety treatment (on medication: Seroxat). Any advise from you to help me get over this fear quickly? I am quick to channel my thoughts to HIV whenever I got a cut, exposure to saliva into eyes, someone touches me from the back etcK Please Please HELP. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello -

You channel your thoughts to HIV whenever someone touches you from the back? Yep, you need that HIV phobia/anxiety treatment. Yes siree! Should you worry about people spitting in your eye? Nope! No siree!

In addition to Seroxat, I'm hoping you are also receiving some counseling. If not, I think it would be an excellent idea.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Bothersome symptoms
Next
What I did, How I feel, what to do?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.