Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Re sleeps all day (May 2001)

Hi, Only ten months since I last posted a question but I log on every day to read your answers. It's cold in the UK so I often need cheering up. Just to let you know that my wife's weight dropped to 29Kg at one time, she developed PCP and was very ill indeed. Today she is 45 Kg the doc's are considering stopping her TB medication in the next four months, her viral load is undetectable and her CD4 is approx 130. She walks upstairs unaided now and feels like she has a future now. Wahooooo. Stay well.

Welcome back to the forum. That's wonderful news about your wife. AIDS, PCP, and TB simultaneously are extremely challenging, to say the very least. Your wife must have great fortitude and a strong will to live. That and a loving, supportive husband!

Once she's off the TB meds, she should start to feel even better. If her viral load stays suppressed, her CD4 count should also continue to gradually rise.

Continue to encourage her to eat and ambulate. Wahooooo indeed! The future is now - enjoy it! And continue to look forward to even better tomorrows.

Thanks for writing. No matter how cold the UK is, I feel that there is great warmth in your home and your heart.

Please, Please help me...
Hey Cutie Pie