Please, Please help me...

Dr. Frascino, I am not sure if this is the right forum, but I really trust you....Here's my situation...about 1 week ago, I had limited sexual contact with a male escort. Since I have always been so aware of disease, the ONLY thing that occurred was I rubbed his penis with my hands, and he rubbed my penis with his hand. Neither of us ejactulated. However, toward the end of our session, I noticed that when he smiled at me, his gums in his mouth were bloody. I am so worried that he may have gotten blood on his hand and then gotten it on my penis when he was rubbing it. Is it possible that his blood could have gone from his mouth, to his hand, and into the tip of my penis? I am noticing a fatigue now that is affecting me, but I think it may be caused by all my worrying about this. I haven't been able to sleep, focus or do anything since I started worrying about this. I am also sweating at night. Could this too be caused by my worrying? I am so scared that I have lost my appetite for most food. I know that I am probably fine, but the anxiety is killing me, and I don't know if I can take it much longer. I am so afraid I might be dying. Please help me doctor.

Hello --

OK, take a few deep breaths and calm down! Who was your male escort - Count Dracula? Unless he was spitting more blood than a Martin Scorcese movie, you have nothing to worry about. Mutual masturbation is quite safe.

Your fatigue, inability to concentrate, insomnia, and sweats are all classic anxiety symptoms. They will magically disappear when you stop worrying. Get some help from a therapist or counselor to help you get over these very irrational fears. One other thing you might want to get - a refund from that escort! You are well; stay that way.

Sleeping in Lake Michigan
Re sleeps all day (May 2001)