Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A note to you from the Not So Desperate Mom
Mar 12, 2002

Dr. Bob~

Yes, it's just me and I still read your forum. I don't think I am completely curred from the WW syndrome I have. I read your answer to a writers "How are you?" and it made me very sad. I am so sorry that you put up with those of us who do some dumb things and put ourselves in these situations. Yes, I still live in the middle of nowhere (until May-then I get to go stay with some family until the twins come-My doctor in town won't do my prenatal care or delivery because he hasn't seen or done a multiple birth in over 15 years) but it sounds as if you have a very incredible friend who cares enough to look after you. I am glad because, like so many of us WW's, I am feel like you look afer the rest of us even when you are not well. Thank you. I did talk with the CDC and the guy I talked to said that my friend and I would have to be sharing the sex toy in the same sexual experience to transmit HIV and that even 1/2 of an hour after she used it would make it a no risk situation-washed off or not. That made me feel better for a while. I still go back to your answers and like so many others read your other responses. I just hope you know that you deserve the best in whatever you do~a Nobel Prize would just be start. I am sorry for taking so much of your time these last 3 months. Maybe someday I will be able to write to you with a screaming Woohoo! Boy would that feel good. A big mushy HUG from someone who really needed you! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Not So Desperate Mom,

No apology needed. I'm delighted to be of service. It sounds like the twins in the oven are doing well. In May, you get to move to a town with more than 1 stoplight (not to mention, more than one sex toy!). Since you'll be eating for 3, hopefully you'll find some great Italian restaurants. If you love the Olive Garden, just wait until you try some real Italian food! The CDC and I agree that you are certified to scream, "Woohoo," anytime you like. Thanks for the hug and consider yourself - and the twins - hugged back.

Stay well, Mom! The twins are counting on you!

Dr. Bob

Previous
One more reason to be optimistic!
Next
Persistent and spreading veruccas.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.