From your Canadian neighbour..

Hey Doc,

I'm thinking of canceling my subscription to the Worried Well club but need your advice first.

I made the mistake 2yrs ago and had unprotected sex with a stripper (who i later found out to be HIV pos).

Both my wife and I suffered from ARS like symptoms.

Both got tested at 9mnths...NEG. I also got tested recently and NEG again.

But I have some symptoms that juist won't take a hike..

Sweaty hands/feet/armpits (all day), sensitive to cold, red strak on my left side of my neck with tender node.

My god doc tells me that these tests are very accurate. But as a WW member can't realy beleive him.

Q-Do these symptoms seem familiar to you?

Q-Would you recommend another more precise test??

Thanks in advance.

PS: There's nothing wrong with a silver medal in mens hockey.

Be proud!

ME

Hello Me!

Your subscription to the Worried Well Club has now officially expired. Please do not re-subscribe. Both you and your wife tested negative at 9 months and you've had another negative test since then. OK, which part of "You don't have HIV" don't you understand?

Sweaty hands/feet/armpits??? Aren't armpits supposed to sweat? That's what they taught us in medical school! Excessively sweaty hands and feet can be related to several conditions, including a skin condition called dishydrosis. Red "strak?" What's that? Perhaps red streak? Sensitive to cold? Of course you are sensitive to cold. You live in Canada, remember? Again, lots of possible diagnoses come to mind for these symptoms, but HIV isn't even on the radar map! See your primary care physician or a dermatologist is these symptoms are persistent and bothersome.

No, there is nothing wrong with a silver medal and there is nothing wrong with you either, at least as far as HIV is concerned.

So tear up the WW membership card immediately and go play some hockey!

Stay well,

E for Energy
hemoglobin high again