A question for an extraordinary human being

Dear Dr. Bob Thank you for your kindness, spirit of service, and that joy that you spread to anyone who gets in touch with you. This time i only would like to know how are you doing, great? ... i sincerly hope so The world would be a different place with some more Dr. Bob s around. God bless you

What a wonderfully kind message. Thank you. How am I doing? Well, I'm sitting here with a steaming Starbucks . . . . Venti non-fat caramel macchiato to be exact; my pooch is in my lap, I have the Rachmaninoff piano concerto #3 on the stereo, my lover and life-partner Dr. Steve Natterstad is across the desk from me working at his computer (he's the Body's expert in the Spanish-speaking forum and he's answering questions at this very moment!), I'm nibbling on homemade chocolate chip cookies that my dear mother sent from New York (Italian mothers continue to feed their sons even when they are pushing 50 years old!), upstairs the VHS machine is taping The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, and Queer as Folk, which we'll watch when we both finish our work. Within view, I see my own medical chart with results of lab work form a blood draw earlier in the week. The numbers are all stable. My symptoms are tolerable. Next to the chocolate chip cookies is a pile of pills. Steve laid them out for me. The evening dose looks like a meal in and of itself. They do go down better with Starbucks. Of course, the total number of pills per month would be reduced considerably if I cut out my Viagra . . . . (kidding).

Life, even with the very significant challenges of HIV, continues to be quite wonderful for me. I wish all of the readers of this forum happiness, contentment, and the best health possible. OK, everyone, take a big breath, smell the coffee, and smile.

As Tiny Tim said, "God bless us everyone."

Phew Wooohooo
Small Pox Vaccine?