Worried to WOOOHOOOING!

Hi there Doc. While I never specifically wrote to YOUR forum, I did my share of writing to PLENTY on this site. I spent the past two and a half years in constant panic over what could have been risky exposures. I am that classic "worried-well" (although I didn't know I was "well" while doing all this) that researched EVERYTHING on the internet, would write down statistics and actually try to calculate my chances of being infected. I found such comfort in reading your forum. You truly have a knack for calming down the stressed and for providing a little bit of humor to those who had thought it was impossible to find humor in their strife. After being in a serious relationship for 7 mos and knowing this was the man I was going to spend my life with, I with his support, went and got tested. Let me just tell you that this girl put her boyfriend through HELL the past two weeks. I am happy to report that he is still hanging around AND that I tested NEGATIVE!! WOOHOO to me! I had put myself through such an ordeal that I must admit I really AM scared of becoming a true worried well. Once given the test result, I left feeling good, but also slightly paranoid and scared that they had mixed up my test result with someone else's. My friends have assured me that tests like this they do very carefully. Maybe my fear was spawned by the fact that I was tested at a Health Dept and not a doc's office. ANYwho, I am just so relieved and wanted to tell you that I so enjoyed your site. It gave me a weird peaceful feeling after reading what you wrote to those infected and to those worrying if they were. Please keep up the good work! If I have learned anything through this ordeal it is to not take anything for granted. For two years I had put myself on a death sentence not allowing myself to look past two years in the future, not allowing me to wonder what it would be like to have children, etc. I promise to YOU that once my pay increases (one of those unfortunate laid off people) that I will make a contribution to your organization. Thank you sooooo very much! People like you are truly God's angels I feel like.

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Hello Woohooing Ex-worried Weller!

Thanks for sharing your story. I sincerely hope it will encourage others to put an end to their worrying and a start to their woohooing!!! Did you actually try to statistically calculate your chances of being infected? That must have been some equation! Let's see: Three different horny college dudes plus one hopeless romantic, a rich computer geek, and that lonely CEO of a now defunct dot.com company divided by multiple condoms of unknown age, only one of which broke and one that slipped off back in the early 90s. Divide this number by one ex-husband who cheated on you 3 times, 2 of those times were with 2 different bisexual dwarfs who were working with a traveling circus that once played in Africa. Factor in several nights of one to many martinis and that New Year's Eve party that you can't quite remember, but want to forget, with a guy who had a tattoo of Newt Gingrich on his left buttocks . . . .

Hmmmm . . . that wasn't your equation? Oh yea, that's right. It was my equation (kidding). Keep smiling. Keep woohooing. Thanks again.

You Rock!
life's a beach...thanks for teaching us how to swim