Fatigue is effecting my life

There seems to be more days when i am tired and lack the energy to do things i need to do. My job requires me to travel 75 of the time often with little notice. Based on this i have taken a leave from my position. I want to work but can not deal with being worn out and not having stability in my life. Since i have not been working my lab results have been the best ever. Do you agree that being away from a sterssful job, resting when i need to and not being forced to travel is something i should continue?

I apprciate any feedback you can offer.

Mart.

Hello Mart!

Do I agree? Absolutely! During your leave, your lab results have been the best ever! Need I say more? Those of us trying to survive with the virus do need more rest as well as attention to other basic needs - nutrition, exercise, reduced stress, etc. That's almost impossible when you are "flying the friendly skies," trying to hail taxicabs in the rain, and getting to know the Holiday Inn wakeup call operator on a first-name basis! Rather than a "leave," you should investigate whether you qualify for short and/or long-term disability from your position. Alternatively, your HIV specialist could insist on work provisions, such as a part-time schedule or no traveling, based on your current health status. Checking with an HIV-knowledgeable benefits counselor could be very helpful. Mart, continue to focus on your health. You have my full support!

Good luck. Stay well.

very worried mum, please help me
A Long Term, Long Sleeping Survivor