Correct dose

What's the best dose for erythropoietin?

The best dose? Well that depends on several factors and your individual situation. I can tell you that the recommended starting dose of Procrit is 100 Units per kilogram of body weight injected subcutaneously three times per week. The dose can then be adjusted up or down depending on your response.

I should also mention we there are ongoing clinical trials using a once per week dose of 40,000 Units. This is certainly more convenient and appears to be equally as effective as the three times per week regimen. I would opt for this regimen personally.

Hope that helps.

RJF

Need of help
drug interactions