The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Kind of physician considered specialist for anemia
Jan 9, 2001

What kind of physician would be considered a specialist to work with anemia?

Response from Dr. Frascino

A hematologist is a physician who specializes in diseases of the blood, including anemia. Anemia however, can often be diagnosed and treated effectively by many different types of physicians. HIV specialists are often well trained to recognize and treat HIV-related anemia problems. General practitioners will often diagnose and treat common types of anemia such as iron deficiency anemia. However if a specialist is needed, search out a hematologist.


Depression = Fatigue: I think not
Anadrol side effects

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint