Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Vitamin B12 Intranasal Jel
Feb 18, 2002

Dear Dr. Frascino: Is there a way to ideantify the maker of the vitamin B12 intranasal jel? This information is for my physician. The good doctor wants to know who manufatures this jel.

expressions of my gratitude, your site is an incredible soure of information with regard to HIV/AIDS.

Truly yours,

FRANK

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Frank,

Sure. In the United States, the product is called Nascobal and it's manufactured by Schwarz Pharma, Inc. You might mention to your doctor that this information is easily located by checking the large red book on his bookshelf entitled Physician's Desk Reference (PDR), or by calling any pharmacist. Gee Frank, I'm worried what might happen if he needs to send you for a CAT scan or MRI. We'll have you knocking on doors at the hospital to see if anyone has seen or heard of a big, fancy x-ray machine.

Although I'm happy to provide the information on Nascobal, I do think that if your doctor is practicing medicine in the USA, he should be a bit more resourceful in knowing how to find this type of basic information, even if he somehow never learned about the product in the first place! So Frank, just a word to the wise: Make sure your "good doctor" is indeed a "good" (resourceful and knowledgeable) doctor!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Lymph count during ars
Next
I'm Italian if that will help in getting an answer!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.