My woohoo - a little short

Woohoo - you answered my question partially - woohoo - once I get to the US - I will write and say wooohoo. I think I had a rash - just above my nipples - I had some raised bumps - is this what you call rash? However on the 14 th day I indicated to my employer that I needed life insurance cover in South Africa. The insurance company sent me for a HIV test and full blood count. All tests came back negative. I read on some websites that in South Africa, they have tests that can detect HIV within 14 days of an exposure. Would the other tests that they conducted - full blood count - help in anyways to detect HIV? Thanks Doc. Thanks Doc. Woohoo Doc

Hello South Africa,

Welcome back to the forum. Raised bumps above your nipples? Do I call that a rash? Well, perhaps, but not a rash typical of someone converting to HIV-positive. So rash or not, it's not worrisome for HIV, OK? As for South African HIV tests, I'm not sure which type you had, but the negative result is certainly encouraging. Woohoo! Other tests, like complete blood counts, will not help to detect HIV. So woohoo to you too!

Stay well.

Just for you.
support