Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

going crazy in wisconsin and i need help
Feb 5, 2002

hey dr. bob, i know ny jack is gonna be ticked at me right now. i pray i am one of the worried well. here's my dilemma. about a month ago i recieved a blow job from a girl. the next day i noticed an abrasion on my penis and it was a bit sore(i'm assuming from foreplay). two days later my penis started hurting, so i checked the internet and found out all the little lovely diseases i could get. tested for everything. negative. still, got muscle pain in thigh area, and then in triceps. then my neck tensed up, but it cracked and felt better(is that a stiff neck!?) headache came, along with sinus pressure. steaming helped. mom said combination tension and sinus. leg pain and arm pain went away, came back. around 18 days later changed and calves started hurting, hamstrings tightening. wrist and ankle joints felt weird too. i'd get up in the morning and i'd be a human rice krispie treat. about four weeks later diagnosed with depression and anxiety. started taking paxil, and woke up after first pill at four in morning with blasted leg pain again(felt like first pain). also felt nauseated. other info. talked to the girl about my issues. she said she was clean; tested negative in december and was not even worried. said she uses condoms for intercourse. my worry though is the whole blow job deal. i forgot to ask here about that. i'm scared. do you think i'm just being paranoid? should i go get a pcr test? i'm freaking out here and don't know what to do. no one seems to be worried but me. my doctor doesn't even seem to concerned. please help! thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Well, I'm certainly glad you realize N.Y. Jack is watching.

As for as HIV is concerned, I don't think you have anything to worry about. "Insertive" oral sex has a low risk and besides, your partner tested negative in December. I agree with "Dr. Mom" - tension and sinus could account for a lot of your symptoms. Depression and anxiety about this whole situation are probably contributing to your other problems - migratory pains in your extremities, nausea, "weird" joints, and maybe even your "human rice krispie treat" symptoms in the morning. Do you need a PCR? No. But you should start a regular exercise program to help the stress and muscle aches/pains. You might also need some counseling to help you deal with your worries if you can't get a handle on them. Rest assured that none of your symptoms even remotely sounds like HIV. OK? And if you're abrading your penis with foreplay, you may need to take things a bit easier; otherwise, Mr. Happy won't stay happy for long.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thank You, Please Post.
Next
Limp worried and still waiting

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.