Dr.Bob do you see anything good from this

Can you give your opinion on this:

Ottawa researchers at the Ottawa Hospital announced this week that a naturally occurring protein can reduce the level of HIV to undetectable levels in dormant cells that hide from other drugs. The team tested a molecule developed by Seattle-based Immunex Corporation called TRAIL, or tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand. This is a protein produced by the body's immune cells.

thanks

Sure, I can give an opinion on anything. I can't say if it will be the correct opinion, but then again, you didn't ask for that.

The information on TRAIL and other similar molecules is very preliminary, but certainly worth keeping an eye on. However, don't look for it on your local pharmacist's shelf anytime soon. The "trail" for TRAIL is likely to be a long one. TRAIL will require clinical safety and efficacy trials. TRAIL's trials will take a while. Since this is a molecule developed by the Seattle-based Immunex Corporation, there is a good chance we'll hear more about it at the upcoming Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections scheduled for Seattle later this month. I'll be there, as will The Body's team of experts to report on important information presented. So stay tuned to this website!

Until then, Happy Trails (trials?) to you!

FROM AN AMERICAN IN SOUTH AFRICA - PLEASE HELP
Per Your Request, Doc