WOOHOO from Swede dreaming of fatherhood

Dear Dr. Bob,

Thank you again for your kindness and compassion. As I am sure you understand from the title of this question, I am writing back to tell you about my good news. The same day I received your feedback suggesting an antibody test and a HIV PCR test I went to my doctor and drew blood for both tests. This was at 16 weeks after my exposure. I just received my PCR result back today, and like the antibody test, it was negative. Based on your advice and these test results, I feel like I've gotten my life back - and my wife back. I've booked a romantic getaway weekend this coming weekend, and with some luck it will coincide with my wife's ovulation cycle. Thanks to you, I feel comfortable resuming life, and hopefully we'll get pregnant with little Robert in a few days. So, I am spending my time going 'WOOHOO!' quite frequently today with my final result in. When the antibody test came back negative, I figured chances were good, and that my PCR would be back in time for some nookie this weekend. I was getting nervous when it turned to Thursday, but when my doctor called me this morning I dropped my thought of cancelling the getaway (it's a surprise, haven't told my wife) as I am comfortable now that I am negative. You shaved over 2 months of agony off my life (not having to wait for 6 months), and possibly saved my marriage in the process.

I don't think you can fathom how much of a difference you make in people's life just with answering this forum alone. Add to that all the other things you do with your foundation and other activities, and we truly believe that you are either a saint or an angel. Either way, I wanted you to know that you've touched my life in so many ways just by the answers you provide to me and others, I will be eternally grateful. Maybe I can nominate you for a Nobel prize?

I will be sending a check for 200 to your foundation next week. As I am paranoid about my wife finding out about my indiscretion, I plan to buy a bank check and send the donation anonymously. I realise that this is just a drop in the ocean of need, but I know that your foundation will spend it wisely.

You will forever be in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless you Dr Bob.

Praying for the blessing of fatherhood

Hello -

Congratulations! What can I say except "WOOHOO!" By now, you should have had that romantic weekend and I'll bet there was quite a bit of woohooing going on. Isn't "baby making" great?!

Speaking of babies, thank you for your kind "anonymous" donation. The Foundation is using it to save babies! The cost of treating an HIV-infected pregnant woman in Africa to help protect her unborn child from getting HIV is 80 cents. The treatment is 50% effective. That means $200 treats 250 mother/infant pairs and saves 125 infant lives! Now that's something to WOOHOO about! On behalf of those 125 kids, their HIV-infected moms, and all of us living with this virus, I thank you.

Stay well. You'll be a wonderful dad!

cause of anaemia
Frequent reader, worrier, sorry NY Jack-I gotta ask!