Fatigue only.....and your wings?

Dear Rob, In your experience, how many cases have you heard of people that reported fatigue as the only symptom during ARS and then turned out to be +? I had a low risk exposure and 2 weeks later I experienced intermitent fatigue for two consecutive weeks, and then it went away. Is fatigue usually seen as the ONLY symptom during ARS? It's been five weeks now and no fever, rash, headaches, swollen nodes nor sore thorat...YET. I'm scared to go for a test. Thanks for your reply. PS. You're an angel doing a terrific job for God down here on Earth, where did you leave your wings? (I bet He's very proud of you).

Fatigue can be a symptom of ARS, but usually it is not the only symptom. The "classic" ARS has typical flu-like symptoms and a rash. Many people have seroconverted without even remembering ARS-type symptoms, so these symptoms can be mild. If your exposure was low-risk, then your chance of being infected is also low. Don't count on ARS-like symptoms to give you an answer. Otherwise, everyone with the flu would think they were HIV-positive. Just try to remember HIV is quite difficult to catch. Even with my extremely high-risk exposure of sustaining a hollow-bore needle stick and laceration while performing a procedure on a patient with advanced-stage AIDS, my risk of contracting HIV was only 1 in 300. That means the odds are that one in every 300 episodes like mine would result in a seroconversion. I was the 1 in 300. So it does happen, but your risk would be much lower, so your chances of infection likewise are much, much lower. More than likely, you are negative. However, if you remain concerned, then you'll have to find the courage to get tested. The only scary part is not knowing. I strongly doubt you have anything to worry about. I'll send an angel to watch over you, OK? I'd come myself if I could only find those misplaced wings.

Stay well,

proud to share my story
Better nutrition seems to be helping