Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

proud to share my story
Jan 26, 2002

hello, im writting this forum because i think it appears to be the most read forum. I read a statement once about some of the worried well write in frighten because of all of these symptoms that they have for months. I wont go into how i got sick but i will tell what symptoms that i had. Im a woman, after having unprotected sex with a man of unknown hiv status, i was fatigue for two weeks, and i dont just mean tired, i was so tired that i think i literally slept for two weeks straight, and i just thought to myself "i bet this is seroconversion and i hope its over quickly" i then broke out in three prefectly round, bright red cherry spots on my right shoulder. After that i had petechiae all over my arms and shoulders ( i know this because i saw a doctor,who told me not to worry about them but i did anyway. i promptly in the mix of that time frame somewhere, got strep throat which i treated with left over antibotics, which reocurred 3 days laters and i went to the doctor and got more medication which cleared it up. Since then ive had, dry mouth, dry throat, chest pain, severe bloating, gass and belching, and oh yeah, dandruff and eyebrow dandruff. I still have sore throat to this day. i throw up for a day, had diarhea for 3 days, mucous in the stools twice, cervical lymph nodes went up for about a 3 weeks (or i should say they were tender that long), and a node on the back of my neck. Pain in the front of my neck by my thyroid, but i had all my hormones checked and everything was normal. Oh yeah, i missed my period for a month and a half, and when i finally did get it it was 6 days long.But guess what, i was NEGATIVE, NONREACTIVE, NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE!!! WOOOOHOOOO. so remember, no matter what symptoms u have, only a test can tell u, this website cant tell u. SO go get test. god bless u all and play safe! Doesnt matter who u love as long as u have love. (love not sex!) LOL

and i am out of here!

Response from Dr. Frascino

I can't thank you enough for writing in and sharing your story. Worried-wells, please read these wise words three times a day until your symptoms all go away, or until you get up the nerve to get tested and find out you're really are negative after all. And then begin yelling WOOOOHOOOOO too!

Thanks again. Congratulations! And yes, love is a many splendored thing and love makes the world go round, but you gotta admit sex is a pretty wonderful invention - don't you agree? Geeeez - if I only had the patent.

Stay well, and keep WOOOOHOOOOOing!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Infringement on your time
Next
Fatigue only.....and your wings?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.