Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Infringement on your time
Jan 26, 2002

Dear Dr. Bob,

Just recently I learned about your story (that you were infected by HIV through a bizzare accident with an AIDS patient). I absolutely admire your courage and sense of humor that in combination create a much needed support for those who do the writing/reading here.

I am certainly infringing on your time and the topic of this forum. However, your answers are unbeatable in clarity and humor, so reading them provides some extra pleasure.

I am in the same boat that a Swede that you recently answered was. 12 weeks ago a condom slipped from my you can guess what while engaging in extramarital activities with a pro. I tested neg. after 11 weeks of nightmare through Home Access. Having read your answers to the Swede, I would like to have PCR and Elisa done in a couple of days and,if negative, start working on what God gave me this thing for: to get my wife pregnant. The question is: Can I assume that this is safe?

I would sincerely appreciate your answering this question. BTW, like the swedish guy I was celibate for 12 weeks of a fear to infect my wife, so I may have something to look forward to.

Best regards and thanks for the good job. MB

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello MB,

"Safe" is a relative term, but since you were engaging in "safer" sexual practices by using a condom and assuming you pulled the plug - so to speak - when the condom slipped from your guess-what, then your risk remains relatively low. If your Home Access at 11 weeks and PCR plus ELISA are negative at 11+ weeks, then I would say you are most likely negative.

Celibate for 12 weeks? Wow! I bet the condom won't slip off next time you get back in the saddle! Hey, with all this slippage, exactly what size condoms are you buying? Stay away from the ones that say for, "For Italians Only." Those are for us.

Thanks for your kind comments. I'll send some good karma your way in hopes your tests continue to be negative (which I strongly suspect).

Stay well. Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
what happens in your body please help me
Next
proud to share my story

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.