stool test positive for blood

My stool test positive for blood. Dr. unable to find source of bleeding. I received 26 units of blood in past 2 years. dr. testing for pernicious anemia. what is that

Pernicious anemia is a very specific type of anemia resulting from a defect in the stomach and involving a lack of something called "intrinsic factor." The explanation of this is beyond the scope of this forum. But, if you indeed have pernicious anemia, administration of vitamin B12 is highly effective. I'm not convinced, however, that this is your major problem, because in general pernicious anemia is not related to blood in the stool - and certainly not 26 units worth of blood. Pernicious anemia is diagnosed with a blood test. You may well have some type of gastrointestinal bleeding and may need the help of a gastroenterologist to diagnose and treat the problem. Twenty-six units is a lot of blood, if your doctor can't find the source of the blood loss, he should refer you to a specialist.

Just need simple clarification?
tired, depressed, restarted meds