Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

My Ghastly experience.......Please post
Jan 23, 2002

About 6 months ago...me and a freind of mine had protected sex with the same girl..We both got sick exactly after 14 days...he got mono like syndrome while i had a mild fever plus a rash (non-itchy) that was only on my arms and went away in three-four hours....I assumed I was infected and lost it while my freind was totally against the idea...>Today after having upteen number of tests I can say 99.99999999 that i dont have hiv...while he just listened to the doctor took one test after 6 weeks and went about doing his business and is ahead of me in life by 6 months now. All i want to say is that I am not sure what i had I can never know and will never know but if the mnedical proffesion was as easy as we thought and we could diagnose such a disease like Hiv on our own then we would not need doctors who went through 10 years of college uselesly. My doctor told me that I did not even ned a test and I made a fool of myself with my whole set of freinds....As someone rightfully said..."get busy living or get busy dying." I still feel there is something wrong with me but I know one thing for sure that I will never know through a goddam Hiv test. I know its very easy to say when 6 months have elapsed and you get back a -ve...But hopefully it will give some hope to the people who visit this forum.:)

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I'll gladly post your story and sincerely hope all the worried well will heed your words and learn from your experience. I couldn't agree with you more and I greatly appreciate your taking the time to share your story with our readers. Remember, life only goes in one direction, so don't worry too much about the last 6 months, just enjoy the next 6 and every 6 thereafter! Many thanks. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
up & down with being tired
Next
Just need simple clarification?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.