Can I take Wellbutrin with Pegintron and Rebetrol?fo

Dear Doctor Frascino, I asked this question once before but can't find if you answered or not. I am taking Pegintron with Rebetrol for Hep C, the depression being caused by these meds is overwhelming. I have a prescription for Wellbutrin, which I have not tried yet. Tried Celexa before the Pegintron therapy but that made me nearly brain-dead. As a humor columnists with a weekly newspaper column I couldn't take the Celexa and still write. The Wellbutrin (reputedly) does not cause this type of reaction. But is it safe to take with the Pegintron therapy? Thanks, Vinny.

Hey Vinny,

OK, I'll answer your question if you'll write some jokes for me! Deal? Are you really a humor columnist? Cool!

Pegintron and Rebetrol can be a challenging regimen, but that certainly is the best regimen we have for Hepatitis C at this time. No problem adding on Wellbutrin as far as I can tell. One other thing: check to see if the Pegintron/Rebetrol is causing your hemoglobin to fall. Anemia is quite common with this combination. If your hemoglobin is drifting below the normal range of 14-18 g/dL, then a trial of Procrit, a medication that stimulates the production of new red blood cells might be very beneficial.

As for brain-dead humor columnists, I think I've read a few in rightwing conservative publications.

So Vinny, while you're busy keeping all of us smiling, don't forget to smile yourself. OK?

vienna
About a condom