Sadly, I have to revert to you

Dear Doctor I hate doing this. I know it is the wrong forum and NY Jack will be annoyed with me. I read your column daily and I share many of the sentiments with the other readers - You truly understand. I have written several times to the other forums and I am somewhat concerned that sometimes there is no response and if there is a response it is quite harsh and I think that makes us a little more helpless and uncomfortable. Unfortunately, you seem to be the only one that gets to the crux of issues. I am a young student and recently received oral sex from a lady. I hated every bit of it and I immedaitely washed myself of the saliva. Within two - four weeks I developed blurred vision, pain around my chest, general feeling of malaise, uncertainty, sore throat, muscular pain, slight headache, flu conditions. I got myself tested within 14 days. No problem. It is now 5 months and these conditions still persist. I came home for the holidays and my parents are a bit concerned about me and I do not have the courage to tell them. I probably will after reading Fr Rod's column and then get them to accomapny me for a test. Your forum seems pretty sure that the transmission through receiving oral sex is very low or neglible. Could I be the first one? I come from a dearly loved home and i had made the greatest mistake of my life. Love you for the work you do.

Hopefully NY Jack will forgive us both! You received oral sex from a lady and hated every bit of it??? Are you sure she was doing it right??? OK, never mind. Receiving oral sex is relatively low risk. Your symptoms are not all that suggestive of an HIV seroconversion reaction. In fact, your symptoms are much more consistent with anxiety. Could you have contracted HIV? I strongly doubt it. Go ahead and get your repeat HIV test. Odds are extremely likely it will be negative. And when it is, I'm quite certain many of your symptoms will magically disappear.

"Greatest mistake of your life???" Nah! I doubt it. Most of us screw up much worse than this, and on several occasions! Remember, learn from your mistakes. Practice safe sex, only do things you find enjoyable, and next time you have oral sex, find someone who knows what they are doing!!

Bad Blood
Sooooo tired.....