Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sick mom
Jan 17, 2002

Hello again, this sight has become my after bedtime home and I can't seem to quit. As for good Italian food? Olive Garden is about 41/2 hours from where I live(that is what we consider gormet) and you can get spaghetti at a local diner. Sorry, we don't even have a McDonalds closer than two hours away! Anyway, I do have one more question...out of curiousity, The CDC says an HIV test is not accurate until 3 months but better at 6. So, could one presume that an 11weeks++ a few days is not "conclusive" or are they just being cautious? (Are they as cold and insensitive as they sound when you call their hotline?) Just curious...And to clear one more matter up~my concern would be my girlfriends history...she has lived other places besides our little town...big places and talks like she's tried a little more than we do in our town. I do believe what you said about just being "worried and well" though! Thanks a million again.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi!

Wow! Nearest Big Mac 2 hours away - now where exactly do you live? The planet Pluto? And as far as driving 4 1/2 hours to have the Olive Garden's Italian cuisine, well let's just say I might not survive in your neck of the woods. No wonder you had trouble finding sex toys!

So, you think the CDC's "hot" line is "cold?" Well, perhaps the hotline is really only a "warm line" or maybe even a "slightly chilled" line? Maybe the chap you talked to just ate at the Olive Garden, I don't know. They did quote the party line. To be 110% "conclusive" after a high-risk (not like your very, very low risk) exposure, they recommend testing out to 6 months.

As for your girlfriend history . . . . "she's tried a little more than we do . . . . " like what Burger King? Wendy's? Taco Bell??? Again, I'm quite convinced you are quite well. Stay that way! (In that town, of course, that may be your only option!)

Dr. Bob

Previous
hiv - What source?
Next
Very tired

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.