an Italian Thank you

Hey Dr. Bob, it's the fellow Italian again. Thanks yet again for the wonderful advice. I got a negative result from Home Access at over 7 months so now I really do feel like I can finally rule out HIV and move on with my life. I feel like I can plan for a future and pursue the career I want and I'm even thinking about the real car I can indulge myself with when I get the first "real job" after my schooling in a year or so! :) With my and my partner's weird symptoms and the time frame this has just been so troubling but I want to thank you for all your help and the dedicatiopn you have to what you do. I know this has been an experience I will never forget. Consider my lesson learned!! The remaining tonsil responded well to the antibiotics, as it is still there haha. One last thing: should I consider seeing an ID doc since I still have a few lingering things (weird red spots, etc.) or just put this behind me? My insurance isn't that hot so I've been debating. But don't worry: I'm believeing I do not have HIV now. My results are as conclusive as you can get, I know. I will finally put this behind me and get back to life but I know where my charitable contributions will go when I get the real job. You are the absolute best; thanks so much. A million hugs to you; you will never know how much you mean to so many desperate people. All the best!

Buon Giorno Caro Paesano,

Congratulazioni! I am delighted that we both now agree your "results are as conclusive as you can get!!!" Time to start test-driving that "real car" you've been dreaming about. I'm sure you'll "drive safely" in all your future endeavors on and off the highways!

The lingering symptoms? Well, I guess it depends how long they linger and how bothersome they are to you. Realizing they are not HIV-related is the most important thing. If the symptoms bother you, have them checked out. Most likely, it's nothing serious. Should you see an ID doctor? Only if you or he/she thinks it's infection-related. Red spots, for instance, may be better treated by a dermatologist. It's possible they could be completely unrelated to any kind of infection.

So, start enjoying all the wonders of life, the magic of Italy, and the comforts of friends/family.

I'll pore myself an anisette and toast to your good health.

Salute,

A heartfelt thanks
Another chance for fatherhood - follow up question