Test

Doctor Bob, I know this shouldn't be here, but I have posted it several times at the tranmission forum and not got a reply. Since you deal with anemia, maybe you can help me with this.

I am wondering that if I am anemic, could my condition interfere with a HIV test that I will soon take? I am afraid taht my anemia will cause late seroconversion or anyway, cause the test to show a false negative. It has been 12 months since my exposure, do you think I can trust my test results at this stage, me with anemia and everything?

Actually, your question does belong here in the fatigue and anemia forum, so I'm delighted to reply!

Could anemia interfere with an HIV test? Absolutely not. Could anemia cause late seroconversion to HIV-positive? Absolutely not. Could anemia cause a false-negative HIV test? Absolutely not. At 12 months, can you trust your HIV test? Absolutely yes.

Good luck on your test. Fear not, your anemia will not affect the results. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you and hope for a negative result.

By the way, HIV-positive or negative, I hope you are having your anemia tended to. Do you know the cause of it? Are you being treated? Anemia is a very treatable condition.

Best of luck. We are all rooting for you!

Procrit vs Steroids
fatigue