Urgent Urgent Urgent

Dear Doctor,

After sexual encounter I am experiencing these things. Gas, constipation, weigh lost almost 15 pounds and white tongue. My last intercourse was on February. I have read different things. I tested for HIV 1 and HIV 2 after 7 months, on September it was negative, please don't ingnore me. Since I have heard that there are types of HIV that the tests don't pick up. What kind of test I can do so that I make sure I am not infected with HIV. I saw 6 Doctors, my gastrointrologis diagnosed me with H. Pylori, he gave antibiotics for 14 days, then my other Doctor diagnosed me with Hepatitis A, thne other Dr. diagnosed me with CMV, EBV and Toxoplasma, I want to make it clear that the CMV, EBV and Toxo are past infections, IGM's are negative IGG are positive. Well from last year September 1999 my complete white blood count was 6.7 and this year on October is 4.6. I know you can't use that for diagnosis but it says something. Also my CD 4 count is 706. Well I don't know what kind of test I should do.

Please advise me.

This forum is dedicated to questions on HIV-related fatigue and anemia. Since you marked your question as urgent let me at least tell you that from your brief history and negative HIV1 and HIV2 tests at 7 months it is doubtful that you have contracted the HIV virus. The other conditions you mentioned are not specific for HIV. Past exposure to CMV, EBV, and Toxoplasmosis as indicated by your IgG-negative and IgM-positive status is quite common and not indicative that anything is wrong with your immune system. In fact, it means your immune system is functioning appropriately.

Watch for additional information at the HIV Prevention Forum. I hope this helps to clarify the situation.

RJF

Anemic...please help
TIRED OF BEING TIRED