Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Fatigue and worry
Jan 4, 2002

Hello doctor. This may be a question with a combination of safe sex and fatigue. My exposure was back in June. I received oral sex from another guy (was curious.) I was wearing a condom and to my knowledge, it did not break. I got tested a week later (too soon I know) and it came back negative. Since then, I know that it was low risk, but I have been worrying abt. the risks. Since then, I have developed some fatigue in my legs and arms. It started during winter time. I don't know if this is due to winter, stress, or exposure. The safe sex forum says it's unlikely that I have HIV as does the CDC. But looking through the internet, other sites had said it's possible. Do I need to get tested? Sorry for the long question. I'm also a fan of your forum.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Forum Fan,

I agree with the Safe Sex Forum and the CDC. Stick to reliable well known websites for the most reliable information. Your risk of contracting HIV as the insertive partner while wearing a condom is essentially non-existent. Also, please note it wouldn't matter if the partner was male or female. Risk is risk and you, my friend, followed the safer sex guidelines to the letter.

Stay well, continue to play safe, curious or not.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Swollen Glands/ Lyphnoids
Next
best anemia treatment

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.