Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Inhaling scent dangerous
Jan 4, 2002

I recently had an encounter with a woman where we both masturbated (no touching each other's genitals) in a "69" position.

Her very "wet" vagina/anus were 1-2 inches from my face (luckily not foul smelling) and I inhaled her scent. It seemed erotic and so I did this for about 30 minutes (deep inhaling).

I later read that HIV can be transmitted thru aerosols! If she had HIV, can I contract it thru this deep prolonged inhaling?

I have since been run down and am extremely worried that I have contracted HIV even though I was trying to be safe!!!

Please help!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You had sex with "no touching each other's genitals?" Does that even count as sex? So your question is, "Can you catch HIV from deep inhaling of erotic body odors?" In a word, no. Now, think about it. Wouldn't that make gym locker rooms risky places to visit? And wouldn't we have to put gynecologists and urologists in a high-risk category? So, my friend, you were not only "trying to be safe," you were indeed safe - very safe - extremely safe. Your fatigue is probably related to your "extreme" worries over possibly contracting HIV. Also, you might be tired from "deep inhaling for about 30 minutes." That might make you dizzy, but trust me, you won't contract HIV that way, even if you're in a "69" position, or positions 1-68 for that matter. Stay well. Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thanks...
Next
Swollen Glands/ Lyphnoids

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.