Where the 'heaven' have you been

Please do not tell us Italy - We will be disappointed or some place called Swaziland. Doctor, I thoroughly enjoy the educational value of your site. I read your response every day. Sometimes over and over. I have been exposed to a low risk encounter, but I feel guilty and have developed serious illnesses. One response is that the viral infection will sort itself off with time - I am taking that advice seriously. I am also afraid to be tested. In fact all your advice is so refreshing but the manner in which you put it most encouraging. This is what sustains us through the day. Now get back to work and update the site.

No, not Italy this time. Just a medical meeting in Chicago. As for Swaziland, that's still on my list of places to visit, perhaps a photographic safari one of these days.

Thanks for your kind words. I'll get back to work and answer as many questions as I can, if you promise to focus more on the "well" part of "worried well." Don't be afraid to get tested. It will most likely be negative and that will put your fears to rest. Besides, nothing is as scary as the unknown. Perhaps, equally important, stop feeling guilty. We're all human. We all make mistakes. Guilt is never helpful. Our lives only go in one direction - forward. So learn from the past, focus on today, and dream about tomorrow.

Stay well and I wish you a very healthy New Year.

You truly understand.
Thanks...