Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

One last time
Dec 30, 2001

Dear Robert , I am the same Ferratin guy from Canada . I had chickenpox after a brief sexual encounter ( no sex ) receive oral sex . At 1 month,3 month and now 6 months HIV tests are -ve Elisa.However , i had taken a Hep Series tests at 3 months and were -ve as well . At 6 months however my hep A Igm and Igg came back +ve . Am not sure how, but the doctor is not worried . Do you think hepA might delay seroconversion by any chance .Cna i go ahead with my life or would Hep B/C and HIV needs to be tested again .Your advise will help me a lot (known its not an anemia related question )

Response from Dr. Frascino

OK Canada Guy . . . .

As long as you know it's not an anemia/fatigue question . . . .

No, hepatitis A, B, C will not delay HIV seroconversion, so yes you can go ahead with your life. Hepatitis A is quite easy to catch, much easier than HIV. Usually, this is a self-limited illness. Regarding hepatitis B, there is now a very effective preventative vaccine available. Considering your luck lately - chicken pox and now hepatitis A - perhaps it's best if you protect yourself wherever possible! Remember, safer sex, each and every time!

Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV positive??
Next
When should I return to work?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.