Vitamin containing Protease

First, thanks for this valuable service! I am taking a daily multi-vitamin as part of an effort to fight off fatigue and for general wellness. I bought the best I could find at GNC. When I got home, I noticed that the vitamin contains 2mg of Protease. Since I am taking a Protease "Inhibitor" I wonder if this ingedient is counter productive. Please let us know what the deal is with this form of Protease and any other general tips on selecting a good multi vitamin. Thanks! KL

Hello KL,

Good question! And good for you that you are reading labels and being proactive in treating fatigue! Don't worry about the "protease" in your GNC multivits. "Protease" is a general name for a whole class of enzymes. The medications we take are designed to inhibit specific "HIV Proteases." Consequently, there is no interaction or interference with the protease listed on your vitamins.

Regarding vitamins, I do recommend (and take) a well-balanced daily multivitamin. However, I should point out that many vitamins are overpriced and excessive doses of vitamins can cause problems (in addition to very "pretty pee"). I would suggest you check in with the experts at our Nutrition Forum for specific recommendations. If in spite of the vitamins and other measures, you are still having trouble with fatigue, write back and I'll try to help.

Stay well, and Happy Holidays.

Impressed
thank you