Re:Cardiomegaly

If the anemia is treated (Procrit, Iron, Neupogen), is there a chance that the heart will return to a normal size and function? Any other suggestions /considerations?

The anemia should indeed be treated. Iron supplements and Procrit could certainly help. Neupogen is not a treatment for anemia, but rather for neutropenia (low white as opposed to low red blood cell count).

If the cardiomegaly was caused by high-output failure related to severe anemia, and the anemia is corrected, there should be some improvement in cardiomegaly as well. However, as I previously mentioned, there are many, many other potential causes for an enlarged heart. Hopefully, you are under the care of a heart specialist (cardiologist). As for other suggestions, you'll need to write back with some additional information in order for me to provide you with any useful information. Be sure to include information about your HIV medications, viral load, hemoglobin levels, etc.

Should I be concerned?
Xmas wish...Dr Bob.