Dr Rob...I'm worried about you..n me..

Dear Dr Frascino, I have not seen any reply from you for the past few days. Are you alright? I hope and pray that you are fine. Miss your humours and your positive attitude. Will keep on 'tuning in'for your reply. I'm in a dead depressing state...(sent my problem to you about a week ago, possible infection through non lubricated but protected anal sex with a sex worker). Last 4 days was living hell, fatigue got worst, chest pain continues and most depressing of all, lymph nodes (both parotids, sub mental, anterior cervical and groin) still swollen after 2 months. Afraid to see a doc as I'm waiting to sort out some issues bfore taking a blood test in 1 month time. Anyway, enough of that. I hope that you are well and the reason that you arent replying to any of us is because you are on holiday and enjoying yourself with your love ones. Here, wishing you a Merry Xmas, a Happy New Year and good health for the rest of your life.

Thank you (and others who also wrote) for your concerns. Yes, I'm fine. I was in Chicago for the ICAAC meetings. You can read my coverage of the meeting - sessions related to HIV-related fatigue and anemia - on The Body's conference coverage site. Christmas craziness and a bout of kidney stones (ouch!) then intervened, but I'm back now and will try to catch up on my over-stuffed mail box over the next few days. Now, regarding your question from last week, I'll find it and respond. However, remember that this forum is dedicated to HIV-related fatigue and anemia. "Worried Well" questions are handled in our Safer Sex and HIV Prevention Forum. I should also point out that depression/anxiety is linked to many symptoms, including fatigue, chest discomfort, etc. Swollen glands are also very common symptoms and certainly not only linked to HIV. If your sex was indeed "protected," you are most likely fine.

Now, I'm sending you some of my "positive attitude" and good "humor" as a X-mas gift to help with your stress!

Stay well, continue to practice safer sex, and remember "lubrication" is your friend!"

Happy Holidays.

extreme weakness and fatigue
Don't need to reply...