The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

black doctors in Harlem NY
Dec 12, 2009

I'm having a hard time finding a good HIV doctor that's also a nutritionist, two in one ( I'm on Medicaid ). I work out ( muscular guy ) and would also like to take supplements for muscle gain that won't interfere with my HAART meds. I'm on Norvir, Reyataz and Truvada. I've been looking at GNC's Muscle Milk, can you suggest anything that will build muscle?

Response from Dr. Frascino


A high-protein balanced diet and regular trips to the gym are your best options. Most HIV specialists are not nutritionists! A single consultation with an HIV-knowledgeable nutritionist to evaluate and optimize your diet and exercise regimen may be all you need. Your HIV specialist physician should be able to recommend someone for this purpose. Here is an article that discusses nutrition for HIVers. Good luck! I'll see you at the bench press!

Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob

HIV and stigma
AIDS to HIV - CD4 Count

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint