Facial WastingFacial Wasting

More lasting facial filler

Hi I have had many different fillers the past 4-5 years and have tried about 6 drs. The fillers only last me about 1.5-2 months, I have even tried voluma(juvederm). Please what do u suggest? Sculptra? Im very apprehensive about trying Sculptra. Botox only last me about 2 months at the most.

Hello and thanks for posting.

I am not sure why you are apprehensive about trying Sculptra. It is a safe and effective facial filler and often lasts about 2 years. Nodules may occur, but are rare when the product is injected by an experienced provider.

However, in my opinion, the best filler solution for facial lipoatrophy is Artefill. This product is a combination of 80% bovine collagen and 20% PMMA. PMMA is a permanent filler and the bovine collagen is temporary. The typical course after an Artefill treatment is to see the full effect of the filler right away, followed by a gradual loss of about half of the volume over the next few months. Because of the permanent nature of the PMMA, there is never a return to baseline volume. Follow-up treatments build on the first session and we see a gradual stepwise restoration of durable facial volume.

I hope that this information helps and good luck!

sculptra and medicare
Issues with PMMA longterm