Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Complications of plastic surgery for atrophy

Ended up with a very loose saggy neck after losing the fat in my neck..Had a very well done neck lift, with a plastic surgeon and it looked fine. As it healed I realized I had a NIKE swoosh shaped scar on either side of my lower cheek (scar or raised area) My dermatologist says its called a "tack or tac" scar..I can not find anything about this online or treatment.. She says its a pretty common thing to happen to people who have facelifts.. She tried breaking up the scar tissue, its seemed to work but it was just the inflammation from what she did covering up the scar.. Do you know anything that will help treat this? its horrible... or at least the correct name of this so i can do more research...

One of the complications from facial plastic surgery is scar formation. The incisions are usually done in such a way to minimize the chance that the scar will be visible. The typical facelift incision is in front of and behind the ear.

Some individuals have a tendency to have thicker more noticeable scars from incisions. These scars are called hypertrophic scars and may have reddish pigmentation and are sometimes raised and angry looking. Keloids are a variation of a hypertrophic scar that grows beyond the margin of the original incision.

The management of visible scars is challenging and many treatment options have been explored. A partial listing of therapies includes various creams, corticosteroid injections, laser treatment, and additional surgery. Micro-needling is a recent addition to the treatment choices for scars and seems to benefit many patients with noticeable scars.

I hope this information helps and good luck!

Is HIV/AIDS facial wasting inevitable
Silicone for Facial Lipoatrophy