The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Facial WastingFacial Wasting
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Do I Qualify for Assistance

Apr 7, 2014

3 or 4 years ago I was in a trial for New Fill (Sculptra). This was a trial that lasted 5 years and I was paid to be part of the trial. This trial was offered by Dr. Michael Gold of Gold Skinicare in Nashville, TN. The trial wa a success for me and made my extreme facial wasting look really golod. I have tried for these past few years to try to get on Assistance by Dermick (SP) and was told by the lady at Goldskin Care I did not qualify because I was on Social Security and that Medicare would not cover it. Now I understand I can qualify for assistance. I am a musician and really need to look my best and when photos/videos are taken I always try to hide my face..for the most part. I am sooo ashamed of looking like this. Can you please, help me..please.? The wasting actually started to become very noticeable about Janauary and have only gotten worse. Much worse..compared to what I looked like in October of last year. My Dr even put me on a different regiment to help slow down the facial wasting.. Thank you, plese, advise..I really do need this help. Thankms.

Response from Dr. Pierone

Hello, thanks for posting.

The patient assistance programs have changed over the past few years and the Sculptra program is not as generous as it used to be. Feel free to contact my office at 772-978-9556 and my staff can update you on eligibility for the Sculptra and Radiesse programs.

Good luck!

New Allergans voluma for facial wasting
Dolutegravir risk of fat loss

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint