Facial WastingFacial Wasting

PMMA Filler for arms and legs

Hi! I'd like to know how dangerous is it to put pmma in arms and legs in order to give back that look of subcutaneous fat. I've had some pmma put on my hands and forearms, they look great, but when I exercise in cold weather I feel like my hands and fingers are kinda hard and it gets difficult to move the fingers. Now I don't know if this has always been like this or if it could be related with the pmma. What do you think? Have you heard any reports like this one before? I really want to put more pmma in arms and legs in order to hide some of that veiny look, but I really want to know how dangerous it could be, before I make up my mind. Could there be rejection? How about side effects in a long term? Would it make my legs harden in cold weather? Thank you for your support!

Hello, thanks for posting.

I have seen good results in patients who had PMMA injected into the subcutaneous tissues of the arms, hands, and legs to camouflage veins. Personally, I have used Artefill to treat the back of hands to restore volume that has been lost from the effects of aging.

I have not seen rejection of PMMA or issues like you describe related to PMMA injection so I don't think it would be dangerous to proceed.

A more likely explanation for your symptoms would be cold temperature related vasoconstriction and stiffness. This is also why so many people flee northern climes for Florida during the winter months.

Good luck!

Sculptra longevity
facial wasting in Florida