Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Sculptra longevity

I have been receiving Sculptra injections for over 7 years now. The claim that the product can last up to 2 years kind of baffles me. I have been told that exercise or anything that can speed up metabolism can reduce the effect and longevity of Sculptra. THIS I totally understand as I am highly active and find that I have to receive injections (1 vial for each side of my face) anywhere from 6-8 month period due to rapid deflation. What is your take on this? Also, I have sever lipoatrophy in the face and can understand it takes a lot of product to keep me looking normal and plump.

The response to Sculptra is dependent on collagen production by your body. Some people produce more collagen than others and this probably explains most of the inter-individual variation in response to Sculptra.

The question that always comes up is whether you are still on medication that promotes continued loss of fat. I recently treated a patient who needed more frequent Sculptra injections to maintain his facial volume because of his reluctance to switch off of AZT (Zidovudine).

Thanks for posting and good luck!

Artefill in Dallas
PMMA Filler for arms and legs