Facial WastingFacial Wasting

PMMA after Bioalcamid?

I had bio-alcamid put in my face several years ago.. During the past year I have about 6 removal sessions. After that, I had to Sculptra sessions. I am not happy with the Sculptra results. There is also a small pocket about an inch away from my lips on the left side which seems to fill up every couple of months. I understand that this is a bit of a complicated situation and uncharted waters, but I would like your recommendations.

Hello, and thanks for posting.

Does the pocket that you describe fill up with a fluid that drains or needs to be drained? Also, did this pocket develop from the Bioalcamid treatment or removal? Also, was the Bioalcamid removed because of inflammation or infection, or as a precaution?

I have treated a few patients who previously had Bioalcamid injected. If there is Bioalcamid still present, the worry is that subsequent injections will flare up some inflammation or infection. To lessen the risk of this problem, I use prophylactic antibiotics after the injection session. My experience is limited, but I have used Radiesse and Artefill in these patients with good results.

I hope this information helps and best of luck!

Aquamid
Follow up questions on changing meds