Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Bio alcamid migration

After 11 yrs of having bioalcamid injected, it has migrated to my jaw line and looks weird. My doc, Dr, Casavantes, says it appears that I need to have product removed, but beware of the complications of this. What do you think of complications due to BA removal? thanks

The complications that have reported from Bioalcamid removal are infection, inflammation, and scarring. It is difficult to know how commonly these complications occur during removal. A general recommendation would be to treat with prophylactic antibiotics before and after the removal procedure to lessen the chance of infection. The risk of scarring could be reduced by using a minimally invasive technique for the procedure (small incision and suction device for example).

I hope this information helps and best of luck!

Can PMMA be removed?
pmma buttocks