Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Improve face

Hello Dr. Pierone, I have been on Viramune and Combivir for 10 years. During that time, I lost volume from my face,legs, and hands. Two years ago, I switched to Truvada and Isentress, I no longer have cholesterol but my face has not improved as expected. What can I do to improve my face? Thanks

Hello, and thanks for posting.

Some studies have suggested that if one switches from Combivir to Truvada early in the course of lipoatrophy, then fat restoration is more likely to occur. But if there has been no improvement after 2 years, then you are looking at treatment with facial fillers to restore facial volume.

In the United States we have Sculptra and Radiesse approved for treatment of lipoatrophy. There are patient assistance programs to help with the cost of these treatments as well. Good luck!

Follow up questions on changing meds
PMMA on top, in addition to Butt implant