Facial WastingFacial Wasting

PEP facial wasting?

Hello, I recenty had rough insertive anal sex with a man who disclosed his status as positive after the fact. The condom broke midway through and we lept going. He said he was undetectable, but I decided to take PEP regardless. Question is this... Im on AZT and two other medications for the month and am concerned about facial wasting. A poz buddy of mine was surprised and said that medication instantly affected his fat tissue, he thought it wasnt used anymore because of its adverse effects. Is this something I need to be concerned about if on it for the month? Should I potentially ask for an alternative drug?

Thanks

Hello, and thanks for posting.

Although it would be very unusual for lipoatrophy to develop after a month of AZT, there are other less toxic medications available for PEP. It may not be worth changing at this point, but in general AZT is a medication to avoid.

Regarding your response to "Unwanted fat on neck"
Facial wasting doctor for Sculptra in NYC