Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Bio alcamid infection

Doctor, I was injected in 2007 in Toronto, I currently live in Baton Rouge, LA. Over the past 4 years I have experienced dropping of the implant and softnesss in the area which seems to swell and then reduce.

2 days ago there was tenderness above where the filler had dropped, it is warm to touch and becoming red and swelling, more obvious if I press on the jowel area where the filler has dropped to causing the area to the right of my nose across to my cheek bone.

I have tried to find anyone to help with not much success and I do not have the resources to pay a plastic surgeon.

I believe I would like to attempt antibiotic treatment but fear my infectious Disease doctor will continue to not know what to do or what to prescribe.

I am allergic to penicillin and sulfa!

I am afraid that ultimately my vanity will result in my ultimate death do to the inability to find appropriate treatment.

Help please,

Shaun

Hello and sorry to hear about your problem with Bioalcamid. Since this product is not available in the United States few doctors have experience dealing with complications or infections related to it. Because of the infection risk it is no longer used in Canada either.

Sometimes these infections will respond to oral antibiotics, so your ID doctor should be able to come up with an empiric selection of an antibiotic for you. If the infection worsens or does not respond to an oral antibiotic, the next course of action would typically be to proceed with intravenous antibiotics and surgical incision and drainage of the infected region. If it comes to this, even if the surgeon does not have experience with Bioalcamid, general surgical management principles of infected soft tissues will guide the procedure.

I hope this information helps and best of luck!

Your thoughts on the skin tightening effects of Ultherapy?
Lipoatrophy and Truvada