Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Your thoughts on the skin tightening effects of Ultherapy?
May 11, 2012

Have been seeing a lot of press recently about Ultheraphy where they use radio waves to heat and tighten up lose skin on the face and neck... I know things like this would very from patient to patient... But it seems like it might take a bit of slack out of my neck I am getting from lack of volume and age... (they can not put fillers in your neck as far as I know)>

Response from Dr. Pierone

Neck laxity and wrinkles used to be a surgical issue. One would have to either live with it or have a neck lift procedure. This is beginning to change now.

Ultherapy is actually focused ultrasound that delivers energy to the below the skin (about 4 mm) and produces contracture and tightening of this tissue. It is a novel approach and does seem to work, although the effects are modest. Here is a link to the company website.

I actually just placed an order for an Ultherapy machine for my practice, so in about 6 months I will see how effective this treatment really is. Stay tuned!

Previous
Whats my current option in Dealing body and facial wasting?
Next
Bio alcamid infection

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.