Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Getting too fat
Jan 29, 2012

I'm on truvada and efavirenz 600mg and picking up weight around my belly. What can I do to reduce this fattening ? Can u recommend an eating plan and possibly advise me of foods I should avoid

Response from Dr. Pierone

For the treatment of increased abdominal girth, a Mediterranean diet would be a prudent choice. This type of diet is characterized by increased consumption of fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains, and olive oil. There is also less red meat and more chicken and seafood. There is also probably a protective effect of red wine in moderation.

Some studies have shown more weight loss and a lower risk of heart disease associated with a Mediterranean diet compared with a low fat diet.

There are many on-line sources that explain this diet and recipes in more detail.

Good luck!

Previous
Cell-Assisted Lipotransfer (CAL) & Facial Wasting
Next
sculptra treatments tax deductible?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.