|Getting too fat
Jan 29, 2012
| Response from Dr. Pierone
For the treatment of increased abdominal girth, a Mediterranean diet would be a prudent choice. This type of diet is characterized by increased consumption of fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains, and olive oil. There is also less red meat and more chicken and seafood. There is also probably a protective effect of red wine in moderation.
Some studies have shown more weight loss and a lower risk of heart disease associated with a Mediterranean diet compared with a low fat diet.
There are many on-line sources that explain this diet and recipes in more detail.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Should You Wait Before Taking An Hiv Test?
- Cytomegalovirus Risk And Litter Boxes
- Whats The Percentage Chance Of A Man Getting Hiv From A Woman?
- Can You Get Hiv From Having Your Nipples Sucked?
- Can You Get Hiv From Just Touching The Vagina?
- How Long After A Person Is Infected With Hiv Do You Get Symptoms?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.