Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Changing To Atripla to minimize lipo?

I am HIV+ since 1989.I am 42 years old male. I am on medication from 1996. I started from AZT,3TC, then Zaigan (Trizivir). In 2006 we changed to Kivexa and Rayataz. Because of the side effect I dicided to take Kivexa and 200mg of rayataz for last five years. my CD4 count and vireal load is good and undictatable. I am thinking to changed to atripla to minimize the side effect like loose of fat on my face and arm and legs. what is your adivice. Thnak you

Hello, and thanks for posting.

I am not sure that changing to Atripla would minimize the loss of facial and superficial fat. There are no studies that I am aware of comparing these regimens with regard to maintenance of superficial fat stores.

If you already have significant fat loss, I would be thinking along the lines of a switch to a nuke sparing regimen something like a combination of a boosted protease inhibitor (Norvir/Reyataz) and Isentress.

Good luck!

Need treatment in East Texas
Sculptra in Pittsburgh