Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Locating a doctor for removal of Bio Alcamid

Dr. Pierone,

I had Bio Alcamid injected into my face in late 2006. I was quite happy with the results for several years but currently my temple areas look as if I had a small disc inserted on each side. The other areas of my face look as if they need some adjustment as well but my greatest concern are the temples.

My procedure was performed by a doctor in Toronto, Ontario who is no longer practicing. The clinic I went to in Canada referred me to a hopital in Toronto that informed me they are no longer handling patients from the U.S.

I am looking to find a doctor located in the United States (preferably in the Midwest since I am in the Detroit area) but would be willing to travel elsewhere. I had contemplated seeing Dr. Casavantes in Mexico but I would prefer to have any further procedures done on American soil.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, and thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to locate a doctor in the United States with more than casual experience removing Bioalcamid. If anyone does know of a doctor with experience with removal of this product, please let me know, so that I can let others know.

Unless the Bioalcamid is inflamed or infected, you might be better off smoothing in around the regions of injection with an alternative agent. Although this approach might run of risk of introducing infection into the Bioalcamid implant, with careful technique, the risk would be low. Another alternative would be to do nothing.

Another option would be to find a doctor to remove the Bioalcamid, and then start over again with an alternative agent.

I hope this information helps and best of luck!

Is it time for retreatment with Sculptra ?
testosterone and lipodystrophy