Facial WastingFacial Wasting

PMMA Nodules

Dear Dr. Pierone,

Is there anything that can be done about nodules resulting from PMMA treatment? I had PMMA treatment in my hands and forearms, and I have several hard nodules beneath the surface of the skin. They aren't all that visible, but I can certainly feel them. Is there any treatment for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Sometimes a local injection of a corticosteroid or 5FU (5-fluorouracil), or bleomycin into the nodule may soften a nodule produced by a soft tissue filling agents. The first step would be to follow-up with the doctor who did the injections originally and see what he or she thinks should be done.

Good luck!

facial wasting cause and treatment
Just curious: do you think a treatment for body lipoatrophy will become available in the US?