Facial WastingFacial Wasting

facial wasting cause and treatment

Hi Dr,

Am Asian 40s man poz+ in 2003 taking combinvir + stocrin till present and my CD4 range 600-800 and later diagnosed diabetes type 2 in 2005 and HBA1C range 6.1 to 7.8 in August 2011. AM taking 1 table of Diamicron'MR morning + conversyl 5mg +1 table of Norvasc for blood pressure.

I have lipodystrophy with my face (sharpen) my arms getting smaller and my legs veins appear large & ugly .

I am taking celllabs sheep placenta for about 3 weeks and hoping that it will help to improve or regain my face collagen fat !

Does it really help ? My Doctor said combinvir + stocrin it doesn't caused lipodystrophy but he can't answer why i do have suffering from this lipodystrophy?

Please help to advise me with suggestion if possible

thanks

Hello, and thanks for posting.

Combivir is a combination of AZT (zidovudine, Retrovir) and 3TC (lamivudine, Epivir) that has clearly been linked to development of lipoatrophy.

Studies have shown that switching from AZT to an alternative antiretroviral like tenofovir (Viread) will slow the progression of fat loss and in some cases reverse it.

So you should get a second opinion and also seek treatment with facial fillers for the loss of facial fat.

Good luck!

Facial Wasting on Coumadin - still confused.
PMMA Nodules